If you are sending a present and not attending, it’s a good idea to send it or deliver it ahead of the baby shower, so the expectant parents have it in time. You could also send a thoughtful card in your absence, letting the couple know you are thinking of them even though you can’t be at the shower.
What are you supposed to bring to a baby shower?
Best Practical Baby Shower Gifts for Diapering
- Diapers. It should come as no surprise that diapers top the list. …
- Baby Wipes. In addition to diapers, parents will go through an abundant amount of baby wipes. …
- Diapering Baskets. …
- Bibs. …
- Bottles. …
- Utensils and Bottle Accessories. …
- Baby Bathtub. …
- Toiletry Gift Baskets.
Do you put a card in a baby shower gift?
When you give a baby shower gift to the mom-to-be or parents-to-be, adding a baby shower card is a lovely gesture and a thoughtful way to show your love and support. A card with a heartfelt message can even be something the mom-to-be puts aside as a keepsake or adds to her pregnancy memory book.
What do I write on a card for a baby shower?
- “So happy for you.”
- “Wishing all the best for you and your baby-to-be.”
- “Wishing you sweet times ahead…”
- “Can’t wait to meet baby!”
- “Your family is about to get even cuter.”
- “Blessings to baby and you.”
- “Praying for a safe and healthy delivery for both you and baby.”
Who do you address the card to at a baby shower?
Write “Dear (Mom’s First Name)” inside the card if you’re close to the expectant mother. Write both parents’ names if it’s a couples shower or if you’re closer to the father. The name you write inside the card should be the same as the outer envelope, unless you only know the father and it’s a ladies shower.
Who pays for a baby shower?
Who Traditionally Pays for a Baby Shower? The hostess traditionally pays for the baby shower and its associated costs. However, the hostess can divide up the responsibility and costs by asking a few close family members or friends to co-host.
How much should I spend on a 2020 baby shower gift?
We recommend a budget of $50 to $150 depending on how close you are to the expecting parents. When choosing the gift, it will always go a long way if you opt for buying something unique and useful. This will show a higher level of appreciation.
Do you write a baby shower card to both parents?
How to Address a Baby Shower Card. Take your cues from the baby shower invitation. If it’s a couples’ shower, include both parents-to-be in your well wishes. For ladies-only showers, you can address simply to the expecting mom.
What do you write on a card for a newborn?
Short & Sweet Messages
- Congratulations on your beautiful new arrival.
- So very happy for you both!
- Welcome to the world, little one.
- Growing a baby makes you a superhero.
- Congratulations on your gorgeous bundle of joy.
- And then there were three…
- From small beginnings come great things.
Do you address baby shower card to mom or baby?
If the celebration is a couples shower then go ahead and address the card to mom and dad-to-be. If you are unsure or just want to play it safe, you can always address the card “for baby” and include his or her name if you already know it.
Do you say congratulations at a baby shower?
Well wishes for a baby shower will touch hearts and allow you to say ‘congratulations’ and ‘we love you’ like never before. It won’t take much time to add one of these baby shower best wishes to your personalized greeting card, and you won’t regret it. … Wishing you all the best with your expected new arrival.
What do you say on a baby gift card?
Traditional New Baby Messages
- Congratulations on your new bundle of joy! …
- May you have a safe delivery and a speedy recovery. …
- Many congrats to the new parents-to-be! …
- Your baby will be so loved and cherished! …
- Wishing you lots of love and happiness to you and your little miracle.
- Congratulations on this new adventure!
What do you write in a card for a coworker baby?
Some examples of personal congratulatory messages that you can add to your card include:
- “I could not be more excited for you! Wishing health, love, happiness, and congratulations on your new baby!”
- “I hope your new baby knows he/she has the coolest parents in town! …
- “Congratulations on your new baby!
Do you put both parents names on a baby shower invitation?
The invitation should clearly state the name of the guest of honor—the mom-to-be, or both parents, depending on if one or both will be in attendance. The host (whoever is planning the shower and will be collecting RSVPs) should also be listed, along with the best contact information for them to get reservations.
How do you address a card to a new baby?
How to address your new baby card:
- – to the complete family : Dear Jones Family.
- After nine months of waiting, your newborn baby (girl / boy) is finally here. …
- New life, new experiences, new thrills. …
- May your child be blessed and cradled with love and joy. …
- A new little love has stepped into your life.
What is baby shower etiquette?
There’s no set length of time for a baby shower. If you consider all that might be included — a meal or light refreshments, games and opening gifts — about two hours is a good guideline for in-person baby showers. You don’t want to exhaust the expectant parent.